Yes, this is a flyer I received in the mail today. I loved it so I thought I would share. "Back to school, back to Jesus"
"September is a time for new classes, new clothes (OH YEAH), new schedules and....NEW BEGINNINGS!"
"We believe and practice that...
We are loved just because we are alive.
We want you to be yourself. We don't want you to be something for someone.
We have not tests to see if you are good enough.
We want to know you by name.
Please be at ease."
Really, I like it a lot. Although it is for another church that I am not affiliated with, its great to know there are so many out there who have the same common belief in a Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I'm thankful to know that I have a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior who love me for me, who know me by name, and want me to be myself.
I KNOW I'm good enough. (even if I sometimes need to be reminded)
This life is a test, a daily test. Some days I get an F, but most days I'd give myself a strong B.
I am thankful to be at ease with the faith I have in HIS eternal plan, that all things happen for a reason, and that if I rely on HIM, I can make it through anything.
And thankfully I don't need a certain time of year to "come to Jesus" because I try to keep him close at all times.
I love the gospel and am grateful for my testimony. It is my life perserver in many dark, deep and uncertain waters.
So thank you, undisclosed Christian Church, for the flyer....it was a great reminder of the blessings I already enjoy. Sometimes I need these little reminders.
OK! ... Not just sometimes. Often.
