Merry Christmas!
I read this tag on someone elses blog so I stole it....
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for sure! Who likes opening a gift bag on Christmas morning? I love the ripping sound of the paper and watching the kids faces. PRICELESS!
2. Real tree or artificial tree? Fake because of expense, but both Paul and I grew up with a real tree and love the smell. My kids have never had a real one.
3. When do you put up your tree? Always after Thanksgiving. We don't like forgetting or overlooking Thanksgiving. Its too special of a holiday for us.
4. When do you take the tree down? Pretty much the day after Christmas. Just "geter done". I Love Christmas so much, and I hate putting away all the decorations but I say do it quick, put me out of my misery.
5. Do you like eggnog? LOOOOOOOVE it!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I have a memory of one of my first Christmases and getting my first baby doll. I had that doll until I moved out of the house, then I think my mom tossed it but I remember being so happy to get a dolly and a cradle for Christmas. Wait, I have another...
My first stereo, with TAPES to play on it. Now that was big! I got tapes of Heart, Journey, Michael Jackson, Genesis, Toto, Foreigner...the list goes on. I was rockin out baby!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Its a toss up, Paul or my mom.
8. Favorite Christmas Memory? I was young, like 7 or 8 and my parents were going through a rough time, and getting divorced. But we were all together for Christmas and had just been to Grandma's house. It was Christmas Eve and we were driving home. My dad said, "Look, Santa is in that house!!" and there was a sillouette of Santa in a window. I was freaking out and saying "DAD, drive faster or Santa will miss our house!" I was so excited that I "saw" Santa!!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a few. I LOVE nativity scenes. I'm sort-of a collector. They make me happy.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
OK OK, I have had a few unhappy comments about this opinion of mine so I changed the comment, although my opinion has not changed. Let me re-phrase. I DO love hearing about how everyone is and how the kids are doing but sometimes the newletters get so fake. I must be a big scroogy this year, normally I LOVE getting mail. So don't hesitate to send me a letter, I promise I won't do anything mean to it. And I will even read it. Just please don't ever expect one from me. Thats why we have this blog right? My life is an up and down rollercoaster ride. And you are riding along with me! I LOVE YOU ALL, don't forget that!
11. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf, Muppets Christmas Carol, Christmas Story. I have more....
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I see something on sale and I know my kids want it. So like October.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yes.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate covered pretzels.
15. Lights on the tree? Of course.
16. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, Bing Crosby anything, Amy Grant anything. Forgotten Carols. Plus, being in Primary, I LOVE hearing the primary children sing Christmas songs. HAPPY!
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home (kinda wish I could go to AZ to visit my sister and have a big family Christmas together...miss you sissy!)
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen, and Rudolph
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Always had a star.
20. Do you open Presents Christmas eve or Christmas day? We open Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve. That has been a tradition since I was little.
21. The most annoying thing about this time of year? The "buying" spirit.
22. Favorite ornament theme and color? I decorate my tree with all the ornaments my kids have made me and my mother in law has painted. It makes for a very colorful tree. My lights are blue and green though. I know many of you might think thats weird, but I LOVE the look of green and blue together. It makes me feel peace. Gotta have peace!
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My moms rolls, and turkey.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? For my girls to be happy and healthy and for our family to always enjoy being together.
25. Favorite Christmas tradition? Giving an anonymous turkey. We pick a house, drop it on the doorstep, ring the doorbell and run. I love hearing my kids laugh as they run away. Its hilarious!
This was such a fun tag, I hope everyone who reads my blog does this!! I would love to read about what you do for Christmas!
So I guess I tag EVERYONE!