Friday, August 24, 2007

What a busy 2 months at our house!

So after we had the garage sale for my mom, my sister went home and the next week (Wednesday) I was off to girls camp. Thankfully Paul can work from home so he was home with the kids. Girls camp was great, I love being with the YW. I feel like one of them!
Then I got home and 2 weeks later we went to our favorite place in the world, Granite Creek Wyoming. (Its about 30 miles east of Jackson Hole)
We spent 5 days there as a family with Paul's 2 brothers and their families. It is so relaxing there and we love that there is no cell phone access, no TV or traffic or noise except water, and wind and trees and wildlife.
We got home on Saturday night, and then I left for Trek the following Wednesday morning at 4am. I was on the food committee and was pretty hesitant about going thinking it was going to be all work and no fun. Our stake had over 400 people there and we have been planning for this for 8 months. Making food for my own family of 5 and a half is hard enough for me. Making food for 400 people 3x a day was huge. But truthfully I had the best time with the people on my committee and I got to spend a little time in the evenings with my ward once stuff was cleaned up. The best part is we were up at Martin's Cove and also 6th crossing and what a neat spirit that is up there. Even being on the food committee, I felt the spirit of the pioneers and am grateful for their faith.
So now we are back to normal (if we could ever be considered normal) and Hailey is back playing soccer for USA soccer league. (USA stands for Utah Soccer Association) and she loves it. She really learned a lot last year and her skills have improved tremendously. As long as she loves it we will keep supporting her but when she starts to hate it, we are done. They practice 2x a week and they have games 2x a week. Its a little tiring for us but we all go to all of her games when we can and support each other. Kami plays softball and the whole family goes to her games too.
Anyway, I need to catch up on everyone else so see you all soon!