Yes, I lived through my dreaded surgery and all is going fine. I am having my sad days feeling a little incomplete and yet grateful for the children I was able to have and the blessings they are to me. So now it is time to move forward and enjoy my daughters and the ups and downs of their growing up and the DRAMA, yes there is much of that, and the tears, yes a few of those too. But I wouldnt trade it for anything.
Its funny but when I was finishing up my mission, I remember praying one night about what was ahead. I was really nervous about going home and having to "grow up". I remember the spirit whispering to me to "go home, get married and have a family". I was surprised (and shouldnt have been) but thought I would be told to just have faith. But no, it was very clear. Now 12 years later, being only 34 and having this surgery and having a few problems bringing the last 2 little ones into the world, I understand very clearly why my answer was so direct. The spirit speaks to us differently for our different situations, knowing that we need to learn from it. I understand now why my answer was spelled out for me. The 4 daughters were supposed to be here for me. And I am so blessed to be their mom.
On another note, I have been the beneficiary of so many Christ-like acts of service in the past week. We have had meals coming in every night this past week. I only asked for 2 nights from the relief society thinking that would be plenty and Paul agreed. Well, then I get people picking up my daughters and having them play at their house for the day. Someone thinking about me on their errands and stopping by to bring me a Jamba Juice.....they have 4 little ones themselves so I know it isnt easy getting one of those. You have to go in, no drive thru.
The phone calls I have received checking up on me. Our bishop stopping by to bring me some ice cream. The RS president bringing me flowers. My mom coming and doing my laundry 3 nights in a row, when I know she is dead tired and would rather go home after work and relax. My sister arguing with me that she wants to come out and help....she has a lot on her plate, so I tell her no but the thought just fills my heart up so much.
My dad even calls to check on me. My step dad comes to visit me in the hospital. I know he is so sick but he makes it a point to come. My grandma Hand checking on me. My grandpa Asay came to the hospital and sent me flowers.
Sometimes its easy to forget that we have people behind us helping us through. I have a whole army. Thank you everyone!!!
I am especially thankful for the prayers. I was very nervous, and I know that I was blessed from all the prayers said in my behalf.
I didnt tell a lot of people because it seems a private thing. OH WAIT, I blogged it so the world knows......hahaha
I am so thankful for the gospel that guides people through the spirit to serve. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to be on the receiving end. That isnt an easy thing for me. I would much rather do the serving.
I am thankful for the people who have HIS image in their countenance and lift me up and strengthen me. Im thankful for the light of Christ that is with me and for feeling so rich because I have so many to love and love me back.
THANK YOU EVERYONE! I LOVE YOU!