
"There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever."~ Elizabeth Lawrence
Here is a link to a story that really gives me a lift. (and I need those a lot)
I find myself more often than not feeling down on myself.
"I'm not losing weight fast enough" Ok, I have only lost 11 lbs in 14 weeks. I am so darn frustrated with that whole issue. My thyroid disease does give me a bit of consolation knowing that it is a bit harder to lose but I can't use that as a crutch any longer.
"My kids are so naughty sometimes, what have I failed to do as a mother?" I know that kids will do dumb things, thats part of being a kid but my heck...coloring with chalk all over the outside of my bricks, pink, purple, blue. Do they not know that mom and dad are going to get upset over it? How about when they just decide they don't need to do their chores and conveniently "forget" ARGGG!
"My house seems to always be a big mess" I go visiting teaching to one of the most talented women in our ward and as much as I love her I feel maybe I want to hate her too. Her house smells good whenever I go there. It is always clean and she always looks so put together. Her house is huge....we joke that we live in the HOOD compared to the homes 2 streets away that are worth anywhere from 400 to 600,ooo. They are gorgeous homes, equiped with all the nicest amenities and then there is my house. I can hardly keep up with my little one. What is wrong with me?
Now I know you are all thinking I'm whining, and really, I am.
I just don't feel that I measure up. Where have I failed? But there is one thing that I have to always remember....
"we always compare our everyday worst, to other Sunday best"
Heavenly Father doesn't expect me to be perfect. Why do I expect myself to be?
Sorry everyone. Its a downer post but its part of life right?