Thursday, May 29, 2008

How EMBARRASSING!!!


I've been reflecting a bit since my oldest just turned 11 and I remembered this (now funny but at the time terrible) moment.


Picture this.

You just had a brand new baby. (like days ago) All the in-laws are over to visit and you think its a perfect time to watch the video you took at the hospital of the birth.


Backtracking a bit...You brought the video camera to the hospital because you wanted to record this momentous day in your life, as well as in the little ones life.

Your husband hands the video camera over to your mom, knowing that he needs to be hands free for anything. You fully trust your mother to be discreet and careful.

Grandma does a great job with the camera...mostly.


So, not having viewed the video before and pressing play with everyones eyes glued to the tube, ready to watch this amazing footage...you think nothing of it knowing the camera was in capable hands.

NOT! (sorry mom, no offense but....)

You watch in complete horror as your mom filmed the awesome Dr. doing a "check" and getting a full shot in all your (naked) glory. Yes, we are talking spread eagle people.

You sit watching,horrified! Knowing that you have young teenage sister-in-laws watching with their mouths hanging open. Your brother in law, with his fiance are also there, very red faced, unsure whether to keep watching or turn away. Your other 18 year old brother in law is also there, with mom and dad in law. Dead silence in the room. That is, until you (I) scream, leap up and practically body slam the TV to cover the screen.
Can you say....HORRIFIED????

We did not continue with the amazing motion picture because I was pretty much ready to crawl into a hole and never come out! I don't think I could look into anyones eyes after that...at least not for a very long time.


To top it off, your dad happened to be in the room with you when you delivered. When the Dr. came in, he did not turn away respectfully, but had to say. "Boy, that butt's a whole lot bigger then when I saw it last..."

(of course he saw it last when I was a baby, THANKS DAD, FOR POINTING THAT OUT!!!)


Anyone else have an embarrassing moment to share? Bet you can't top mine!