Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My BESTEST Sis ever!!


I know, I know. Some of you may be thinking...What? How could Becky and Tina actually like each other? Well, we actually do. Can you believe it? I look back at the tumultuous relationship we had as kids. I think we had a disliking for each other that exceeded most siblings rivalry. We could compete with the best of WWF, and I am not exaggerating. We were MEAN to each other.

Thankfully we can laugh about it now.
Thankfully we find humor in the mean and dumb things we did and said.

Thankfully we are very close, and talk almost every day.

I look at the woman that my sister has become and I am so lucky to have her as my sister. She is one amazing girl. Her daily schedule may be routine to her, but it makes me dizzy thinking about all she fits in in a day. She finds time to take care of 4 kids, work out at least an hour a day, get herself cleaned up, study for hours and hours for HARD classes that she is taking (in her spare time)...sarcasm included...takes Danny to therapy, get her house in order (most days), get dinner on the table, runs the kids around to softball games, or school, or Dr. appts or whatever else she has going on in a day, and now taking care of her husband who is down for a bit with a bad shoulder. Through it all, and there is MUCH MUCH more that is sandwiched in between, she finds time to check up on her mom and sister.

It may not seem like a lot to her, but to me she is truly a Hero. "A Hero (meaning a person who shows courage in difficult circumstances, sets a good example, serves others, and has every other noble quality)" thanks Travelinoma for that definition!.
I love her so much for her care and concern for me when things seem to be falling apart for her. I love her for her love for her family and the fighter that she is in their behalf to make sure they are taken care of physically, spiritually and emotionally.

I am grateful for her strength. Although she might be struggling, you wouldnt know it. She smiles through her tears.

Heavenly Father blessed ME to have her as my sister.


She is my best friend in the world. (next to Paul of course!!)

She lifts me when I feel so down, and knows just what to say to bring me back up.

She encourages me to follow my dreams.

She even tells me that I'm a good person.

I could never have asked for a better example or a better person for a sister. I love you Becky! Thanks for the wonderful woman you are. Thank you for making me a better person. Thank you for teaching me to be strong, and happy and grateful all at the same time.

I love you so much!!!