Friday, May 9, 2008

To my wonderful Mom, for Mother's Day






Dear Mom,
I know you are a lurker. You come and look at my blog occasionally and will every so often comment about something I have written. So since I know you are here, I wanted to write you a little note and tell you how much you mean to me.
There have been rocky times between us. Being a teenager wasn't easy on either one of us. I took you for granted, not understanding your way of saying you loved me. I haven't been good at expressing my love for you unless I burst into tears because its more than I can express with words alone. Its like my feelings for you just overflow out of me when I think of you.
Your heart is so good. You love people so much and just want to be loved in return. You want so much for others to view you as good, and kind and hardworking. You want to just be accepted and valued. I know, because I do too. I am finally beginning to understand your struggle to feel needed. Maybe you haven't ever expressed it in words, but I know you. I know how much you wanted to be accepted by your own mom. That you wanted everything to be good enough for her because maybe you didn't feel that you measured up. That all you really wanted was to know that she accepted and valued you for who you are and that that was good enough. I hope you know that she does love you, that she watches over you and that she is sending her love to you, through me.
You are always trying to do more and be better, thinking maybe others will love you MORE for it. But the people that matter most, are the people that love you regardless of HOW MUCH you DO. I love you like that mom. I love you for you. Its been a long road for us to accept and love each other this way. We know each others faults and hurts better than anyone. Sometimes we hurt each other the worst because we know just how to do it. But I love you the most because I know how to do that too. I see so much of you in me. I see our struggle to survive from day to day because we fight a battle inside. We try so hard to be good and do right and be strong on the outside, when inside we feel like crumbling. We want to be loved, we crave it and yearn for it. We long for it from people that may not show it very much and we work hard for it from people that don't see how much we just need them to open their hearts to us say they love us "no matter what"
Mom, I love you like that.
I'm sorry to make this so public. Maybe you will feel exposed, but I wanted to publicly tell you that I LOVE YOU. I love the mom you were, and the mom you are today. I love our history, good and bad. I love they way you light up a room when you walk into it. I love how you draw people to you with your happy spirit and your contageous laugh. I love how loyal you are to those YOU love. And despite how much you are hurt by those you love, you love us anyway. Don't ever forget that I love you, forever, for always and no matter what. You are the most wonderful mom I could ever ask for and I thank Heavenly Father every day for sending me to you.
Happy Mother's day mom. I cherish you, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for raising me to be a fighter. For teaching me the value of service, and for teaching me how to put a brave face on in the midst of my struggles. Thank you for everything.
You are absolutely wonderful, and I wouldn't change a thing.
All my love, forever.

Tina