Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Granite Creek WY...

Last week was a fun week camping up in Wyoming. Great weather, for the most part, and the kids had a blast. What more could you ask for....oh ya, and the hubby was very happy because he got to fish!


Even Rocky and Bullwinkle paid us a visit. We only got to see Bullwinkle once but Rocky was very present. (are any of you out there old enough to remember them? The cartoon ya know?)
Rocky
Bullwinkle
Funny story. I was up really early the first morning there, walking around with my camera, hoping to spot some wildlife. I walked around for about 45 minutes and then decided to go back to our camp. As I'm walking back to our site, there is a man standing in our campsite looking across the dirt road at something. I see him walk away before I get there and then my SIL Sarah says, "do you see the moose?"
"No, where?" She is pointing straight across from us but I can't see anything through the weeds and trees. Then I think I see something black moving around and then she said something like, "here it comes" and I took off running behind my brother in laws truck. Sarah, of course, is laughing at me. I am sooooo glad I did not encounter that on my nature walk. It ran/walked right up where I had just been and it would have scared me TO DEATH! Cool that I had my camera out for it though.




My cute nephew Luke. Abby calls him "woooookie"And my darling neice Megan. Abby says her name perfectly!
Me and my girls
goin fishin
fishin
I was so excited that I took this picture of a hummingbird. You can even see his wing!
This might seem a bit disturbing to see but it was so hilarious. Anytime Abby and Megan saw someone go into the potty, they went up to the vent there and yelled into it. They thought they were so funny! It made quite a noise inside the potty, I might add.

Woooookie having fun messing up his moms hair. His laugh is so cute!
the rainbow after the storm. It was gorgeous.
my little posers.
this picture makes me laugh.