Thursday, January 8, 2009

Challenges...

It amazes me how many people are truly struggling. Whether it be with their health, finances, job, faith, or emotions. (or all of the above at the same time)
Its like there is a boat, and I have hopped on it as well. Or, I should say WE.
We have jumped on that boat, been eating a lot of humble pie, and are praying for miracles.
And then I think about all the lessons I remember as a youth, and that we KNEW what we were in for before we were ever born. Heavenly Father laid the plan out, and we said....OK!
You know, that brings me a lot of peace.
It might sound hokey, but to know that I knew what I was getting into before I ever came here, and accepted it all. That strengthens me.
On top of that, knowing that Heavenly Father will never give me more than I can bear, even when I feel that the load will crush me.
Peace.
So how do I find peace.
Back to the basics.
There is no magic pill. Believe me, I have looked.
There is not easy solution to all of lifes problems.
Except this.
Reading scripture and praying.
I know, too easy and simple and how could that possibly help?
It does.
Thank you to my awesomely awesome husband who has to continually remind me to have faith and do those 2 basic things.
Is everything going to turn out rosey and perfect.
Probably not.
But I know that HE knows. And I have a couple of people that believe in me, including my Heavenly Father and Savior.
I know this is my "journal" so to speak, but I also know that there are so many out there feeling the same way I am. They may be afraid to talk about it, or don't want to face it. ME EITHER!!
But I have to.

2 favorite quotes from President Hinckley...

“Our safety lies in the virtue of our lives. Our strength lies in our righteousness. God has made it clear that if we will not forsake Him, He will not forsake us” (“Till We Meet Again,” Ensign, Nov. 2001, 90)
It is the Lord who has said that if we keep the commandments “the Holy Ghost shall be [our] constant companion” to buoy us up, to teach us, lead us, comfort us, and sustain us. To obtain this companionship, we need to ask for it, to live for it, to be loyal to the Lord.
“It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers”

I have faith in that. I am so grateful to know that I am not alone and there are so many here in my life that are going through similar heartaches and struggles. Lets lean on each other, strengthen each other and uplift each other. I need you and your love to help me get through it and know that you have mine.

A favorite poem I wanted to share that I have memorized because I love it so much.

"It's easy enough to be pleasant
When life flows like a song.
But the one worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong.
For the test of the heart is trouble
that always comes with the years.
And the smile that's worth
The praises of earth
is the smile that shines through tears."
By Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Please forgive any mis-wording as it is from my memory.

I'm smiling right now, even if it is through gritted teeth.....teeeheee