Saturday, April 16, 2011

Good and busy day

I am sitting here in my house, all by myself. I can hear my 2 girls playing with their friends outside in the circle. Home made banana bread is baking in the oven. It feels so good and calm in here. I need to recognize these precious moments while I get them, when I get them.

I love to hear my girls laugh, that is medicine to my soul for sure. I love to see them smile when they have accomplished something hard, like my sweet little Emilee today in her first piano recital in front of LOTS of parents, and kids. She was very nervous but made it through like a champ! She wasn't perfect with her song. She had played it perfectly at home, but I think she just got nervous up there. Regardless, it was perfect to me. She is one of the sweetest little girls I know, who has a very tender heart. She loves me and always wants to snuggle with me. She used to walk around the Primary room with me when I was first called in primary like my little shadow. Im going to miss watching my girls in primary each week.

This coming week marks a big milestone in our family. Kami is graduating from Primary and going into Young Womens. I can't believe she is turning 12 on Thursday. She is growing so fast too, her feet are almost my size (an 8) and she is almost as tall as me too.

Hailey is growing up so fast too. It scares me. Next month she will be 14 and able to go to stake dances. Ya, that freaks me out a little. She has been traveling around the country the last 6 months for soccer. We figured out she has been in 7 different states in the past 5 months. She has traveled more in the past 4 months than I have in my entire life. She has a passion, and she is a straight A student. She is a good girl. I pray she stays that way.

Abby is growing up fast too. She has her dad wrapped around her finger for sure. She is in Ms Karie's preschool and LOVES it!

I love my girls and I pretty much live my life through them. That is my job right now. I know that some people may thing thats pretty sad, but I know its one of the divine reasons I am here on earth. To raise these girls to follow Jesus Christ.

And then there is Paul and I. We are going to be selling his truck. He loves that thing so much but the gas is, right now, 4.10 a gallon. With his truck and a suburban, we are paying WAY too much money in gas. So we have to make a change. Its ok, when we get a car, it might be kinda nice having a smaller car that gets better gas mileage and less expensive to maintain.
We have learned some hard lessons these past 18 months. How to cut back, do without, and not live with a credit card. We are not out of the woods, but at least we know that we are not accruing any more debt. That feels pretty good.

Well, time to get the bread out of the oven, kids in the bath.....