Friday, April 15, 2011

Sad

Yes, I am sad.

I was just released on Sunday from Primary. Being a primary president has taught me a lot. I loved the children immensely. If it were only the children, I could serve there forever.
The music consistently brought tears to my eyes. Hearing the children sing was like hearing angels sing. I know it wasn't always like that, every Sunday. But more often than not.

I could feel Heavenly Father's love for these children. I knew He called me to serve them.

But, unfortunately with good always comes the bad.

It has come to my attention that there has been some very unkind things said about our presidency. The way we served, some of the things we did as far as Sunday primary. I could go on, but I wont.

I thought I was there to serve the Lord and please Him. We followed the rules, the outlines, the handbook. We did this to the best of our abilities. More than anything else, we worked hard at making sure the children knew they were loved, both by us and by their Heavenly Father and Savior, and we taught the gospel.

It has hurt my heart, and I think it will take a lot of effort on my part to truly move forward. The worst part, it started with the Bishopric bad talking us to the new presidency.

(this info came from a part of the new presidency, so I know its legit)

I cant understand for the life of me what is gained by belittling others. What exactly was the motive behind it?


Not to mention the fact that not once did they counsel or ask us to change anything. NOT ONCE

I have a testimony. I know the gospel is true. I will continue to go to church.

I am truly at a loss to know what to do. (and how to not be hurt)