
That question was posed in several blogs, one being one of my most favorite by TravelinOma. She and her daughter, M.writes are amazing writers who share so much expression and insight with their blogs.
The way they convey their thoughts is how I want to write.
It is honest, simple, and yet thought provoking. I admire people like them. I envision myself writing like they do.
So why do I blog?
For one: To keep in touch, of course. I love seeing family and friends through cyberspace. I love pictures, stories, happiness and pain, all shared through words. I love the stories that are told, simply by sharing their day to day lives.
I believe we all have something to say. Something to contribute. No matter how insignificant I may feel about my own little life, maybe it relates to someone elses.
I laugh with others who share their life dramas. I cry with those who share their insecurities and pain. And I celebrate with those who experience joy and accomplishment.
It's funny that I consider people I have never even met in real life as friends, yet I do.
I know I visit more blogs than visit me, but it has made a difference in my life. You know how they say that others are watching, others that you don't even realize. Well, I am one of those watchers and I thank you for making a difference in my life.
So again, why do I blog?
I do it for me.
And it makes me happy.
So why do you blog?
(for those of you who lurk...I know you are there because I see my number of visitors and although not high, its much higher than the comments I get on my blogs. Please let me know you are there. I would love to know who visits me. Let's be friends!!!)